Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » SELECTIVE INSERT INTO TABLE (Oracle Database 10g, Forms 10g, Windows)
SELECTIVE INSERT INTO TABLE [message #689657] Mon, 11 March 2024 11:42 Go to next message
billgates
Dear Experts,
I am building a payment voucher form in forms 10g. It has two database data blocks MASTER and DETAILS.
A button fetches invoice data from different tables into the fields of the details data block.

I want to place a checkbox in the tabular (details) data block. So that the user can select the invoices to pay based on the checkbox.
And only those records where he checked the checkbox can be saved in the database table behind this details datablock.

An easy solution was to set the database item property true of every single item in the row where check box has changed to checked.
but unfortunately in the forms 10g changing the database_item property of a field through code is not possible.

Please help me figure out how can I do this.
Re: SELECTIVE INSERT INTO TABLE [message #689659 is a reply to message #689657] Tue, 12 March 2024 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
One option might be to create a button (in master block), saying e.g. "Pay selected invoices".

Its WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger would then
  • navigate to detail block
  • loop through all records
  • whenever it finds that checkbox is checked, perform that "save" action (I guess it is UPDATE; if not, do whatever you find appropriate)
  • commit after the loop
Re: SELECTIVE INSERT INTO TABLE [message #689665 is a reply to message #689659] Tue, 12 March 2024 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
billgates
It worked. Thank you very much for your time sir.
Re: SELECTIVE INSERT INTO TABLE [message #689667 is a reply to message #689665] Tue, 12 March 2024 16:39 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You're welcome.
Previous Topic: Forms Dimensions
Next Topic: header data block is not saved when update in details block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:17:17 CDT 2024